National Recruitment Agency for Govt. Jobs Announced in Budget 2020
National Recruitment Agency for Government Jobs / Sarkari Naukri Announced in Budget 2020
National Recruitment Agency Announcement in Budget 2020 :-
‘’The Government intends to introduce major reforms in recruitment to Non-Gazetted posts in governments and public sector banks.
At present, candidates have to appear for multiple examinations conducted by multiple agencies at different points of time, for similar posts To mitigate their hardship faced, it is proposed to set up a National Recruitment Agency (NRA)’’
What is National Recruitment Agency (NRA) ?
- National Recruitment Agency.
- It will be established as an independent, professional, specialist organisation for conduct of a computer-based online Common Eligibility Test for recruitment to Non-Gazetted posts.
- The National Recruitment Agency will be set-up as an independent authority on the lines of NTA(National Testing Agency.)
- NRA will play a vital role in streamlining hiring and recruitment process.
Why do we need a common test under NRA?
- 2.5 crore candidates Applying application Form for 1.25 lakh vacancies Per Years.
- As of now, there are multiple exams conducted for various posts in different departments, ministries , PSUs , railways etc.
- This leads to duplication of work, porous screening system and multiple screening and evaluation standards for recruitment of Government Employees.
- This places enormous burden on time, effort and cost for young people.
The Common Eligibility Test
- NRA will conduct a common exam.
- A test-centre in every district, particularly in the Aspirational Districts would be set up.
- Once or twice a year
- Score will be valid over the year for various recruitments
- Different CET for 10th , 12th, graduate levels.
- States and Private companies can use the score too.
What are gazetted and non gazetted officers?
- Gazetted Officers are executive/managerial level ranked public officials. (Group A)
- Authority for a gazetted officer to issue an official stamp comes from the President of India or the Governors of States.
- Non-gazetted jobs are the government jobs or posts which do not give the person the authority to issue an official stamp on the behalf of the government.
- In terms of types of jobs, this includes Group B, Group C and Group D government jobs.
Jobs that ‘may’ fall under the ambit of proposed NRA
- RRB Group D Recruitment
- RRB NTPC Examination
- SSC CGL Examination
- SSC CHSL Examination
- SSC MTS Examination
- SSC JHT Examination
- IBPS Banking
- Group A jobs – IAS,IPS,IRS , State PCS officers
- These will not be under the ambit of NRA